Wrens - Year 6 Class
Welcome to Wrens class page (previously Oak Class)
Click here to view the archived Oak 2018-2019 class page
We have been very pleased with how you have approached your learning at home. It is uplifting to receive emails and photographs of your work and hear about the wonderful, creative and unusual things you are doing at home with your families. Your positivity is really inspiring.
Summer 1 Home Learning
You were emailed the Curriculum Overview for Summer 1 at the start of term but you will also be able to find it here on our class page. We know you will be able to produce some fabulous projects from this and we would love to see what you have proudly achieved.
- For maths we will keep following the White Rose Maths home learning lessons which are updated weekly on the White Rose Hub website https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
- As well as this, you can access the Lancashire Grid for Learning site which offers activities including games, puzzles and skill-sharpening activities. http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/curriculum/primarymaths/index.php?category_id=1211
- Remember that you all have a login for 'Times Tables Rockstars' – a carefully sequenced programme of daily times tables practice. https://ttrockstars.com/
We are following the Lancashire ‘Read and Respond’ units and a new one is available each week. This work, along with any other pieces, will be emailed to you.
I will be continuing to email specific Maths, SPAG and Art and Design activities and resources each Thursday and Friday. I will also set work on ‘Learning by Questions’ which I know you enjoy participating in.
Mr. Kelly has been sending us sporting challenges and we look forward to many more! We all understand the importance of exercise so do set some time aside each day. And, of course, you can always join in with Joe Wicks!
- Look here for on-line safety packs https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/8-10s/
- Mrs. Easton has shared a link from Barefoot Computing (a great site she uses for computer science lessons) to some excellent home learning resources to develop children's computational thinking skills. https://www.barefootcomputing.org/homelearning
- Look in the Key Stage 2 folder at discoveryeducation.co.uk for some exciting activities. Username: student17882 Password: stleonards
We would like to encourage you to keep up-to-date with what’s happening around the world. You could watch Newsround just like we do at school. https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/news/watch_newsround We hope that you will enjoy your next set of home learning. To help manage your time, it might be a good idea for you to create your own daily timetable!
Keep on with the GREAT learning at home WRENS!
Mr. Kelly and Mrs. Cross
Home Learning Information for Summer 1
Guided Reading Extracts
On-line Reading Sites
MAGAZINES AND COMICS
The library service has launched a brand new online service.
Library members can download magazines and comics for FREE to read at any time on an electronic device. With over a hundred full colour magazines available and over a thousand comics for people of all ages. All you need is your library card number and email address.
The Lion and Albert by Marriott Edgar
The Return of Albert by Marriott Edgar
Drama, role play and writing opportunities
based on the monologues written by Marriott Edgar
Poetry by Jackson
Please see the 'Off the Shelf' document below for some new RE picture post resources.
The children can choose any picture they find interesting to look at and discuss. They follow this by reading and exploring a Bible story, it’s meaning and impact through a variety of activities that are ‘Questful’!
We're all going on a Summer Holiday!
Emily has used acrylic paints and created these incredible paintings
Mrs. Esson has kindly produced this Spanish workbook for you. These videos relate to the activities in the workbook:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJk4Qw4fvp0 Useful for the hours and half hours.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQhugB3CNYU Time telling with a techno beat!
A recommended site for Spanish is the Oak National Academy website. https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom/year-6/#subjects
BBC Bitesize looks to have some good resources and videos too.
Upper KS 2 - Curriculum Overview 2019-2020
Home Learning Information For Spring 2
Upper KS 2 - Meet the Teacher Presentation